Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Just got handed my new schedule!

I went to Salem's ABA therapy center to discuss her evaluation and our goals for her. She is behind on a lot of things. After discussing all the details of the therapy plan for her, I was handed a paper to sign. I stared blankly at the paper, pen in hand, trying to remember how to write my name. I dont know whether to cry or laugh at this. They want Say in ABA 10-20 hrs a week. After looking at her schedule, we could only fit in 17.5 hrs a week. With everything she is in already, it will be all therapies 20 hrs a week with speech and OT. And she also goes to Mother's Day Out.

My baby is going to bounce from one therapy location to the next, every day, 5 days a week. Rowyn, who's 5 months old, will be in the van for hours every day. How are we going to pull this off? Prayers please!

And though my 2 year old now very much has a full time job, I am still so thankful for so much. I am thankful for our insurance. I know people whose insurance won't cover ABA. It's such a shame. I am thankful that we have these services available in this area and I don't have to drive over 20 minutes to get to any of them. I've heard the horror stories there... We are so blessed. God is so good!

So this is going to be my own personal "wilderness", but I am believing this will be worth it all in the end. When my sweet girl is looking me in the eye, engaged in conversation, I won't look back on the hundreds of hours of therapy. I'll be too grateful for who she's become.

Please keep me and Salem (and Rowyn!) in your prayers that she will improve and progress and I will remain encouraged and patient.


No comments:

Post a Comment